Applicants who subscribe to Student Membership should be:
• aged over 18 years
• engaged in or intending to be engaged in the field of the maritime studies and
other related fields
• able to provide confirmation of undergoing full–time education at the tertiary level
Student members are ascribed the following benefits:
• Participation in fora for networking and communication between members and expert working groups.
• Access to technical publications such as the Institute’s quarterly newsletter comprising top news, papers and reports covering a wide range of marine safety, security and environment issues.
• Access to programme of events and invitations to conferences, seminars, webinars, expert meetings, visits to places of technical interest and training courses.
• Free registration to all webinars.
• Substantial discount off all publications, events, and training courses.
• Link to specialist groups in the areas of maritime safety and security, ocean science, blue economy, coastal and marine resources management, education and training.
• Feature in the Blue Economy and SDG 14 Register of Champions.
• Access to careers information in a pack of fact sheets – Gulf of Guinea Region.
• Listing on the Institute’s mailing list.